Wednesday 31 August 2016

Last physio

Wow, I am amazed and humbled by the number of people who have looked at this since I first opened it up less than a week ago. The feedback I have had from friends and friends of my daughters has been so positive. Thank you... Quite a number of those have been from overseas i.e. England, Ireland,  USA, Canada, Greece, Spain, Taiwan and of course our neighbours across the ditch, Australia. It doesn't really matter where you live, we are all susceptible to that dreaded breast cancer. I would assume that treatments are the same? I know the fears would be...

I went for my last physio appointment Monday after work. I had been given three subsidised sessions through Pinc and Steel who work on rehabilitation for those with cancer so I am very grateful. She worked on my shoulders and back as I have limited movement in both my arms but especially the right one. I had 33 lymph nodes taken out from under that arm pit (only 3 were positive for cancer, but guess it only takes one for the cancer to slip through) but I think it has more to do with the scar tissue after my bilateral mastectomies and my back has been aching constantly since my infusion on Wednesday. The physio has given me some exercises to do to get the movement back in my arms and also to stretch my back out. You can only get out of it what you put into it.

I ended up leaving work at 2.45pm yesterday. I was exhausted. To be honest I had been struggling for the last couple of days but I am so determined to stay at work for the whole day. I was off work for five months when originally it was supposed to only be for a month, and I really dislike taking time off work, but I have to work hard to remind myself my life is different now. I think the zometa infusion takes a lot out of me, but I hope as each month goes by, these effects will lessen. I ended up crashing out to sleep for two and a half hours! But then I couldn't go to sleep last night, talk about a vicious cycle.

Never mind, it is a new day, the sky is blue and I feel great (apart from a sore back!)

Life is precious, lets remember that...I think we can get caught up in the minor crap that really doesn't mean a whole lot.

Take care...

31/8/16  - 7.07am


No comments:

Post a Comment