Thursday 4 August 2016

Where does this cancer crap end...

Honestly, I have to ask myself, where does this cancer crap end? We are all touched in some way by cancer, whether it be breast cancer or some other kind.

My very close friend has been coming with me to take notes at my oncologist appointments.  She has a nursing background, and has a no nonsense attitude which I appreciate. At my last appointment only last week, she dragged herself along with me after having just had major surgery less than two weeks previously. I won't go into specifics as her story is not my story to tell, but I will tell you, she has just been diagnosed with cancer!!!  Can you bloody believe it???  We were talking on the phone last night and having a bit of a laugh, and probably being inappropriate with our joking but for cripes sake...if you don't laugh, you'll cry and while it is good to cry sometimes, other times are right for laughing.  Perked us both up anyhow.  So she is now set for lots of tests to find out what happens next, and I will be there with her every step of the way.

Tomorrow morning I will be attending my first metastatic breast cancer support group meeting, so have taken a half day annual leave day.  I can't wait.  It will be interesting to see the ages of everyone, the stages they are at, and if we all suffer the same fears.




No comments:

Post a Comment