Saturday 6 August 2016

Pink Ribbon Breakfast with the Lions

This morning my beautiful family and I attended a Pink Ribbon breakfast which was put on by the Lions Club that I belong to. It is only a very small club and I have not ben attending any meetings since I had my mastectomies. But because this is so special to my heart obviously I had to go, and there was no hesitation from my daughters and my 'third' child (young daughters boyfriend) to come with me. It was lovely to see the other club members, partners and fellow Lions. An invocation was given which broughht tears to my eyes as she referred to the fact that a couple of people within that room and their loved ones had been touched by this disease. It was an emotional and humbling moment...and I must admit I am such a sop...

We had 62 people attend the breakfast and at the conclusion of it, they announced the amount of $1200 had been raised. As you can imagine, this brought more tears to my eyes! What an outstanding effort for such a small club! AWESOME...WONDERFUL...



Special guest...George the cat - who actually ended up getting chucked outside. But my lot (we are all cat lovers) managed to have lots of cuddles with him before he was extradicted outside. Actually, we had to stop him from climbing on the tables so probably just as well he 'left the room'



No comments:

Post a Comment