Wednesday 24 August 2016

second Zometa infusion

Today was my second Zometa (bone strengthening) infusion. I was really nervous at work before I went. I'm not really sure why, perhaps because I had such an awful reaction the first time. But once I got to the hospital I was fine.

I managed to find a parking spot in the oncology carpark down the hill. But unfortunately I had to walk up the hill to reception to get a strip of paper proving I was an oncology patient, then I had to walk back down to the car to pop it in the windscreen and then had to walk back up the hill for my treatment...talk about bloody exhausted before I had even started!


                                                                                                                                                                             
Anyhow I trudged my way to 'acute oncology' (nothing cute about it! I know...a dumb 'mum' joke as my girls would say) and before long was hooked up to an IV for my second ever zometa infusion. I was in a room with others hooked up to infusions sitting up in armchairs. Having chemo maybe...I don't really know and was too shy to ask.  I then had my usual Zoladec hormone shot, which was so damn painful and I have the bruise to prove it! But if that is all I have to complain about, then I am doing ok.

As I glanced around the room at the other three ladies in the same room as me, I realised we are all in the same club together, or have a common bond. "CANCER" and that none of us look like we have a serious and deadly disease in our bodies. That always shocks me. Even now I think that people with cancer should look sick and have no hair. Strange how we perceive things in our minds.

'acute' oncology

Zometa infusion no. 2.

  






























No comments:

Post a Comment