Saturday 9 March 2019

Life is so much better

Its 6.15am Saturday morning...I woke up about 5am, for a toilet run but the cats thought that was their queue to be feed so immediately tan to their bowls...what else could I do but oblige, so cats have been fed, I’ve got myself a coffee (with cream - yum!} and older daughter is up, getting ready to start work at 7.30am. Hubby is the only only still in sleep mode, lucky bugger!

I am really happy to say my mood has picked up considerably. I made a decision that I needed to start living and while I still haven’t startd water walking yet, it is something I would like to do and will in my own time. I’ve been really busy the last couple of weeks and so if I’ve done too much, I am too tired to go.

Last Friday was my younger daughters 20th birthday. She is very much an old soul and I’ve been saying it seems like she should have turned 20 years ago! Both the girls and I had a girly day out - it was womderful. Firstly, I shouted baby girl to a hair cut at Rodney Waynes which is where I go so my lovely hair stylist did her cut...she felt like a million bucks when it was finished, and then after that we went to The Falls for brunch and took,lots of girly pics and had wonderful food.






I’ve been to my first ever yoga session. This is something I have felt would be beneficial for me since diagnosis. A post from a friends daughter who takes yoga classes came up on face book and it felt right, so I messaged this young lady. And then her mum discovered I had done this, so she in turn reached out to me encouraging me to go...it was exactly what I needed, just to know one person was enough to really give me that push. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I enjoyed the breathing exercises, the meditating part of it, even the exercises which were tough on an old body that hasn’t done any for a long time. By the time I finished, I was drenched in sweat, shaking like a leaf but feeling exhaustedly on top of the world! Driving hime though, I was exhausted and when I got home, I showered and went straight to bed after a good dose of pain meds. My back was aching like crazy by this time and I was a bit worried about how I’d feel the next morning. But to be honest I felt great!  So I’m definitely going back this week!

Its been a busy week, my mother in law has had very precarious health for a number of years now but she recently had a fall and was so weak, was unable to get up, even with a family member with her to help A scary experience for both of them. So she ended up in hospital where she was for about 3 weeks. Family meetings and conversations followed, as the hospital were reluctant for her to go home as mother lives in a two storey house. Bathroom, toilet & bedrooms are upstairs so its not like she could even live and sleep downstairs. The decision for now is that she goes in to aged care, and has been placed into a lovely resthome not too far from is, and just down the road from my brother in law who is the one who had been doing all the meetings with doctors, social workers etc alone. My niece and I picked her up from hospital to transition her into the rest home. Something I wanted to do, as I’ve not been able to do much these days for her so this was something I could do. I was so happy to help but man, was I exhausted by the end of it. I was so glad my niece was there with me...she was great with her nana and just having the company. That was Thursday so very early days. It was quite hard leaving her, she doesn’t particularly want to be there but so proud of her because she is giving it a go. It could very well be a short term stay, who knows, but the staff there are lovely. Hubby & I went to visit yesterday again...I am hoping after a fewdays has gone by and she has been able to get her head around it all, she is curious enough to go have a look around or go and read her magazines in the loung area, or eat in the dining room and interact with others. I get it...that this is a huge change for her, so shes allowed to take time to get used to it. I so hope she starts to enjoy it.

I have my next treatment on Monday...almost forgot to het my injection in time! I suddenly remembered at about 4pm yesterday, so rang my usual pharmacy in a blind panic! These injections aren’t stocked, he has to get them in specially, so next day is the usual. So I’ll go pick that up along with repeats of drugs. I’m still tweaking these as there are days at work where I have been unable to keep my eyes open...its bloody annoying. 

Crocheting continues although I have slowed down. I have four orders at the moment so better pull finger. I LOVE keeping my page up to date. It really gives me an interest.

Saturday 9th March 2019 - 7.10am 


No comments:

Post a Comment