Sunday 31 March 2019

Glorious birthday weekend part 2




Hi, back again. When a post on the blog gets too long, it starts to flick in and out of the post and I’m always terrified I’ll lose the whole lot.

Yep, so in all, its been a great weekend - out with my very good friend yesterday, out for breakfast with another very good friend today, who now lives in Napier. So was awesome to see him this morning...went to visit my brother after lunch today then on to visit my mother in law at the rest home - phew! I was quite exhausted by the time I got home, so hubby insisted I go and have a lie down, which I did and crashed out for a good couple of hours. But you’ll never guess what! It didn’t end there! When I woke up, I decided I felt like going water walking, so at 6.30pm-ish, I toddled off to the pools, only to see my new young, gentle friend from work there! We’d been talking about water walking on a Sunday, so think we might try and make it a regular thing. It was such a brilliant time to go. Plenty of car parks available,  not many in the pools - just how I like it!

So I’m feeling super productive, very much like my old self. As with last weekend, the pain hasn’t been too bad this weekend, but still take my meds regularly. What a difference! I’ve even meditated tonight before I started updating the blog. 

And even my eyes are starting to get heavy. I’m now going to start going to work a bit later, close to 8.30 / 9.00am and work until 3.00 to 3.30pm. Working 8 hours just isn’t feasible for me anymore and I have had to accept it. Plans are under way for someone to be able to fill in my shoes and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. So many of my duties, I was the only one who did them. Its realistic that one day I’ll be finishing work and someone has to be able to take over. I’m glad and I’m happy with whom it is. We have talked and I have put her mind at ease, I hope. Funny to think it has come to this, but there you go. You never know what’s around the corner and its much better to face it head on than bury your head in the sand and pretend it isn’t happening.

I look at myself this weekend, and the people who have taken the time to spend time with me, or to reach out and I am so grateful. To think I had pushed all these people away from me due to how I was feeling. You can’t get through life (successfully) without the love and friendship of others. I tried it, and I hated it - I hated my life. How lucky am I that those around me haven’t given up on me. I am feeling very much like my old self again and I am liking it...

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to all those around me...far too many to name but your in my heart for sure.

I’ll post up pics of the weekend...





Sunday 31st March 2019 - 10.26pm






2 comments:

  1. Oh Tania, you are such a blessing to us and truly an inspiration. Love the photos! Hey Adam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maryann - love you so much my young friend ❤️ xx

      Delete