Sunday 31 March 2019

Glorious birthday weekend - part 1 of 2

What a deliciously wonderful weekend! It was my 54th birthday on Friday and how perfect that my birthday was falling on a Friday, my day off work - great start! Actually the birthday celebrations started Thursday morning when I was taken out for breakfast by a good friend from work. We were joined by one of the other ladies from work, who has very quickly wormed her way into my affections, simply by being just herself - a gentle young lady with the kindest heart. So that kicked off the weekend birthday celebrations nicely🙂.

For my birthday I had already decided I wanted the girls and I to go and get our nails done and then go for lunch. I ended up having a pedicure done and anyone who knows me, knows I hate having my feet touchd so for the third time ever, I had one done and my toes painted. I chose a beautiful bright blue!!!!



No being cool, calm and serene for me, no time for that! I’m in an ‘out there’ kind of mode at the moment! I keep staring at them, they look so cute...definitely not a word I would ever use for anyones toes, what has happened to me...so after the girly thing, we went home and picked up hubby and the four of us went out for lunch. It was just so laid back but perfect. We took lots of photos at home before going out for lunch. Unfortunately the girls had to take turns taking pics and being in them, so none of the four of us together. And in the evening, we all sat out in the backyard chilling out talking. Nothing wildly exciting, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I say it every year now when my birthday is coming up, how important it is for me to recognise and celebrate each birthday. I am happy to shout my age from the roof tops, I’m so proud of it! And each year I am excited to become another year older. Don’t take it for granted. So many don’t get to reach a ripe old age, it really is a blessing to do so.







I celebrated the rest of the weekend with friends, getting picked up Saturday morning and being taken for a drive, going for lunch and then to top it off, pigging out at this glorious place called The House of Chocolate...oh my giddy aunt, I felt like a little kiddy in a candy store (I’m sure I’ve used that same analogy not that long ago). I couldn’t figure out what to eat and I had, had, had to take something home for my girls. So glad I did because the girls were raving about them 

I’m going to start a new page...the blog is objecting - probably too many pictures. Part 2 to come...

Sunday 31st March - 9.55pm





No comments:

Post a Comment