Sunday 24 February 2019

Day 1 of the rest of my life...


Its some ridiculous time of the morning. I’ve already been asleep but woken up and so now experiencing a momentary lapse of sleeplessness...I thought it could be a good time to share my weekend so far with you...

I wrote in my previous post about starting to live life again and I think I’ve made a bloody good start. You already know about my Friday and going off to buy togs, mastectomy bra’s etc. i had talked about starting water walking but didn’t manage to make it this weekend. I know for a fact, I’m not even remotely interested in going Sunday morning so that plan will be executed some time in the near future hopefully. I already feel the benefit of a few stretching exercises. I can only assume water walking will be great for me.

I had a lovely lie in this morning - then mid morning got a call from my cousin inviting me to go out for brunch which I promptly accepted! We went for a drive up to Kumeu and went to a place called ‘Carriages’. We’ve been there a few times but not for ages, and I really enjoyed going for the drive to get there. My cousin must’ve taken pity on me and decided to go on a bit of a tiki tour. I thoroughly enjoyed it...I lobe it when other people are driving! 

Needless to say I took the ol’ crocheting with me and worked on my blanket both during the drive there and home, and at the cafe waiting for our food to arrive 😂


When I got dropped home, hubby wanted us to go up to the hospital to visit his mum. She’s been there for a week or so, and I personally haven’t seeen her for months. Time I pulled finger and spent some more time with her. She’s not too well and there are some concerns regarding her health but it was lovely to spend the afternoon up there with her. The icing on the cake being there was that our sister in law and two grown nieces srrived not too long after us, so it was a great catch up time for all.
By the time we got home, it was early evening...Saturday gone.

Remember this may not seem like much to you, or is all stuff you quite easily do, day in, day out but I’ve been in so much pain, been feeling so down hating my life, with not an ounce of motivation in my body - that doing all this stuff over the last two days has been quite momentous for me. And I feel super proud of myself,  not to mention the immense feeling of pleasure getting out of the house for something other than going to work, or going for my treatment. Such a great feeling...



One more day to go before starting a new week of work. Two days of doing stuff and still another day to go. I honestly can’t reiterate how much of a difference it makes, having Fridays off. When I think how long I fought off making that decision and now look at me! Bloody stubborn ol’ biddy...

I’ll leave it there for now...my tummy is starting to growl so looks like it could be time to go on the prowl checking out snacks in the kitchen...



Sunday 24th February 2019 - 3.07am

No comments:

Post a Comment