Sunday 4 December 2016

Catching up on last few weeks

Its been a fairly quiet past few weeks, hence no posts lately. But I guess quiet is good eh...I much prefer the 'boring' humdrum of life because it means nothing out of the ordinary happening.

Its been a fairly busy weekend this one. I went to church with my sister-in-law on Friday where we were treated to a hangi and performances. It was lovely. A few people got up and spoke about their lives before asking Christ to come into their lives. At times I asked myself if I should be. Will it make this journey easier? Would I find the thought of dying easier because I would know that one day I would be meeting my maker? I don't know...obviously not there as yet if ever.

Its been quite a busy week this one. Out for dinner to a Korean restaurant on Tuesday night. It was a gift and I was able to share that gift with my mate. It was lovely and we got to meet a lovely couple who also shared this experience with us.



I have had the chance to catch up with  a few family members who live out of Auckland, which is always lovely. Never long enough, but always enjoyable and grateful they think of us.

All in all it has been a very social week and now it is Sunday evening, work again tomorrow but I can go to work feeling like I have done something besides sit at home trying to psyche up the energy to do another 40 hours of work. I take that as a positive. It means I am getting my energy levels up and enjoying getting out and about.

I have been talking the past few months about going to Australia to spend some time with my sister and family. It is now becoming real as I have applied for and received my passport and am hoping to be off this week sometime to book my tickets. No husband and no children. Just my cousin and I. We both deserve some time out and are a good support system for each other so it seems only fitting we go over together. I hope he finds it as relaxing as I will and not get bored, especially by two sisters who are yakking their heads off. The plan is to go sometime in March, once the weather has calmed down a bit but not when it is cold. Can't wait!

I have been talking to people lately about wanting to mark each birthday now as they come. I don't mean by having a party but to celebrate it in some way. As we get older, we tend to not want to admit to our age or feel wistful and wishing we were younger. Me...if there is something I have learnt is that I will be happy to make as many more birthdays as possible and get as old as possible. I will be 52 next year and proud of it! I don't want them to go too fast of course!

My hands have been aching quite a lot today, both of them which is quite unusual. Funnily enough I had to go see my GP the other day and she was asking how I am. I told her about the achiness and she told me off when she found out I don't take anything for it, unless I am really feeling it. I told her I don't want to keep taking them for fear of my body getting used to them and I want to leave it in case I end up in a lot more pain further down the track. Basically she said that is bollocks (she didn't put it like that though!) and said you don't get immune to pain meds and if my pain does get a lot worse, the pain meds will get a lot stronger so she has prescribed me something. I even admit to taking some but still very tentatively. She told me it would give me a much better quality of life...sounds bloody awful, like I'm on my last legs already!

My house has been very quiet today. Hubby is unwell and has been in bed for most of the last few days. I hate seeing him like this actually, poor bugger. Hopefully he will be better soon. My big girl is hung over, and has been in bed all day, young daughter has been working all day and her boyfriend has been out all day. So this cancer person has actually been the healthiest one here all day!!! How funny is that! I've been cleaning, washing, hanging clothes out, bringing clothes in, cooking dinner...phew! Its been a while since I've done all that and apart from an aching back (no pain meds) I have actually felt quite productive. Also quite glad I don't have to do it all the time!

Must be time for a cuppa...









No comments:

Post a Comment