Friday 18 November 2016

Ultrasound for neck gland

Why is it that your brain starts to tick over in the middle of the night? Its dark, its quiet, I have already been asleep for a little while but have woken up and now unable to go back to sleep. I am due to have my ultrasound on my neck gland at 11.00am (its now 1.23am) and I am nervous as hell. I have tried not to think about it too much and its good because everyday life gets in the way, but those times where I have really stopped to think about what could be, I get such a sinking feeling in my stomach and feel quite nauseous.

Its hard not to worry about what could be. This is what having this awful disease does to you. It makes you paranoid at every turn. Fingers crossed that this worry and paranoia is all for nothing - I think I would be quite ecstatic...

If a biopsy is done at the same time as the ultrasound, it could take up to two weeks to get the results and then it will be a matter of when my next oncologist appointment will be to find out.

Wednesday 16th November, 2016 - 2.20am

*********************************************************************************


I went for an ultrasound on my neck gland on Wednesday. It has on a pretty regular basis felt achy like when they are swollen and it hurt slightly when I would swallow. Not to the extent as when you have an infection but nonetheless it is there. It comes and goes. The ultrasound has not shown up anything which is a huge relief, she said both sides look absolutely normal. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I wonder what will happen now. Will it get investigated in some other way or simply keep a close eye on it and see what happens over time. I am sure this will be discussed at my next oncology appointment. But such a huge sigh of relief...and no biopsy required!!!!

I had a close friend come with me for company which was lovely and we killed a couple of hours between appointments. Ultrasound at Greenlane and then off to Auckland for my infusion. We even managed to get in a bit early, which was great for getting home on the motorway. Haven't appeared to have any side effects at all, but just this evening am feeling like I am seizing up quite a bit. My back is aching and also the left side by my implant is aching. That is something new but possibly just because I am so tired.




another infusion over for another 28 days - these make you realise how quickly time goes by

Friday 18th November, 2016 - 10.56pm

2 comments:

  1. So glad the glands are normal 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley...it is such a huge relief and has taken a weight off me xx

      Delete