Saturday 31 December 2016

New Years Eve 'eve' 2016

Its 11.44pm Friday night and I for the first time in many, many years have polished off a bottle of wine. That may not seem like much to some of you but since my girls were just a few years old, I stopped drinking apart from the occasional one. So this really is quite big for me.

Not really sure what brought it on either, except that hubbys uncle gave me a bottle of merlot for Christmas (love merlot!) and I had been itching to crack it open since Boxing night but I was picking my older girl up from work at 9pm 26th, 27th and 28th December, and lo and behold did not feel like it last night.

Right at this moment, I just kind of think "fuck it - life is too short to not stop and enjoy things in the here and now". Not quite sure what I will be saying in the morning however...

But it has been a pleasant evening. Hubby and I having a drink together out in the backyard...long time since we have done that. The simple things are the nicest...

2017 is looming towards us - I have such high hopes for it.

Wishing you all a very happy new year. May 2017 be a kind year to us all. May we surround ourselves with those that mean a lot to us, forget the bullshit and live life as it was meant to be lived...


6 comments:

  1. Happy 2017 to you Tania! I love your spirit and will take on board your wise words! live more in the moment. Love you and can't wait for another long chat xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue - I thoroughly enjoyed our catch up and look forward to our next one xx

      Delete
  2. Happy 2017 to you Tania. Your blog is fabulous! As you say - live in the moment and I hope the year ahead brings you many wonderful treasured moments xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Sue. Bring it on 2017 I say!

      Delete
  3. Just caught up with your blog. I do so hope 2017 is your year my friend. We will do our subatical later in the year again and recharge, I have decided it will be our annual weekend away from it all, especially bloody cancer. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend...I hope this year is good to us all. Look forwad to anorher weekend away xx

      Delete