Monday 1 January 2018

2018 has arrived...

Happy New Year!

It’s almost two hours into the new year...hubby left at midday today with my cousin to go up north for a couple of weeks. Its just my two girls and I at home...not one alcoholic beverage passed any of our lips. I’ve been passing the evening watching re-runs of old movies, while the girls have each been doing their own thing.

I had a couple of visitors arrive on the doorstep at about 11.30pm-ish. It was my very dear friend and her man, they had been having drinkies at her cousins place not far from here and she decided she needed to come and see me to say happy new year in person.  I can’t really express how much that gesture means to me.  How lovely that someone thought enough of me to do that...she left her cousins and was here in time to see 2018 arrive while here. Once midnight hit and we had hugs and kisses all round, they toddled off home. It was lovely...and made me feel not quite so alone.

Hubby rang just after midnight, my sister had text me earlier in the evening but apart from them, no other texts or phone calls - everyone is busy seeing the new year in (or not) with their own loved ones or busy getting pissed and seeing the new year arrive with blurry eyesight and wobbly legs. Lets hope their eyesight doesn’t remain blurry for the remainder of the year. That they have clarity in what they see and the decisions they make.

2017 has been such a year of adversity for so many people...my friend included and her greatest wish is for me to continue to have good health...not for herself and the shit they continues to endure, not through their actions but those of someone else who is so consumed by their own demons, they aren’t able to see what they’re doing to those that have their back. So my hopes and wishes for 2018 are simple...I hope that all those I love but especially my girls and hubby and yes myself imcluded - to continue to be safe and healthy...that we all learn the important things in life - to know that being wealthy doesn’t necessarily mean having lots of money or material things but the true importance of continued good health and the unconditional love of those most important to you.



Monday 1st January 2018 - 2.44am

No comments:

Post a Comment