Wednesday 17 January 2018

sleepless night

Ugh...after my big sleep yesterday afternoon, for the life of me, I could not go to sleep last night. 2.00 am I was still awake but I also had to give in and get up to take some painkillers. The aches have been a bit worse over the last few days and I was hoping to make it through the night without having to go over the daily limit. It happens when I take my first lot too early in the morning - puts me out of  sync for the rest of the day.

I’ve decided not to go to work today. I’ve probably only had a couple of hours sleep and if I go, it will only end up with me being tired and needing to come home early and I dread the thought to be honest. Like a piece of concrete is sitting in my gut. My aches are quite excessive this morning too. Possibly exasperated by the tiredness? I don’t really know...My feet are throbbing and my back is aching - bloody hell.

Its really hard to not hate yourself when your feeling like this but you have to put it into perspective. When you think of what other people are going through, is this really that bad? Its mighty frustrating I know that. But it could be so much worse...and I am so, so glad and grateful that it isn’t.

A rest day today and back to work tomorrow feeling normal again. There’s definitely something to be said for feeling ‘normal’. In my case its more a feeling of having rested well with a few aches thrown in. But god, the feeling of having had a good sleep is simply wonderful...

I look forward to tomorrow...waking up well rested and ready to take on the world again. For now I’ll just blob and take it easy



Wednesday 17th January 2018 - 8.28am

No comments:

Post a Comment