Thursday 11 January 2018

aches & tiredness - not such a good combo

Its not a good idea to start changing up your pain meds when you have work the next day...I know this for a fact. My GP isn’t too keen on me continuing taking the paracodeine due to my fatty liver and so since she said that a wee while back, I have been trying not to take them too often. Usually in the morning when I get to work and then before I go to bed each night, I have been taking the stronger strength codeine to get me through a painfree night of sleep.

But this week, I had the bright idea I would stop the paracodeine completely and try just taking paracetamol and they appear to have been doing an ‘ok’ job. And then last night I decided I would try and stop using the straight, stronger codeine and so I took a nortriptyline before going to bed. My GP had given me these the same time she encouraged me to stop the paracodeine. But I had this feeling that one wasn’t enough but couldn’t be bothered getting up to take another one. When I woke up this morning, I was in so much pain that I swallowed a couple of paracetamol straight away and then usually when I have my shower, its almost like it thaws me out but not today...anyhow, I ended up leaving work an hour early cos I was tired (another late night last night - more on that soon) and the aching was just depleting me of anything and everything, even after giving in and taking my usual painkillers. So I came home, took a couple of the stronger codeine and crashed out for and hour and a half. Wasn’t really until I woke, that the meds really kicked in. So its definitely better to keep on top of pain than starting from the beginning constantly. So for tonight and tomorrow I will continue with my usual painkillers and then starting tomorrow night I will try the nortriptyline combined with the paracetamol and see how I go over the weekend. If it doesn’t work, then it doesn’t work but at least I will have given it a good go. Actually the other alternative is to wait until I am on holiday at the end of the month where I’ll have more time without having to worry about it affecting work. Good idea...

After our jaunt to the beach Monday night, my big girl and I along with one of my young friends, did the trip again last night. The water was bloody freezing although you warmed up after a while, until you got out! That walk up the beach to get your towel...it felt like the middle of winter! But another great evening - I love doing stuff and getting to enjoy our great summer. We stopped off at McDonalds in Warkworth for dinner and then I was able to sit in the backseat and enjoy being driven home while my mate drove..it was great. I struggle with the lights of the oncoming traffic and have done for a number of years but always, we would continue to leave late with me swearing each time, it was the last! I think we got home about 10pm- ish but then my poor mate had a further drive to get home and she doesn’t live anywhere near here, so the poor girl had a longer trip, made even longer by the closure of the motorway going in her direction - bloody inconvenient especially after a long day. So I am thinking a combo of too many late nights is what is responsible for my aches today, exasperated by not actually getting on top of my daily aches...merely ‘just coping with them’. But so totally worth it...its so good to get out and do stuff, I have really felt like we have utilised the great weather and so bloody wonderful to not be at home either stuck in front of the TV or lying in bed at 7.30pm! Actually living life...(for 2 nights, haha, funny)




I rang hubby last night when we got home - he was getting ready to crash out in his tent cos they were getting up to go out fishing this morning at 5.30am. They had been catching quite a few kahawai and think they were going to try getting some snapper. So hope they’ve had a brilliant day. They’re looking at coming home either tomorrow or Saturday. So guess I could be in for a surprise after work tomorrow. Think he is getting a bit homesick now - said he was missing us. I’ve enjoyed the break...once I got used to him not being here. Its quite chilled with just me and the kids. Not that I’ve seen two of them very much and not much cooking going on.

Three of us are currently sitting outside in the backyard - my baby girl is at the movies with a mate. It’s so quiet...nothing from the neighbours, no TV going inside, a few cars going past and we are all in our own zone...hope my afternoon sleep doesn’t keep me awake all hours of the night and so I go back to work tomorrow feeling like crap. At least it’ll be Friday...



Thursday 11th January 2018 - 9.52pm

No comments:

Post a Comment