Sunday 23 July 2017

Noises in the dark

Its 3.22am, and I have been evicted from my bed. My extremely drunk husband came home, and has forgotten which side of the bed is his and practically pushed me out! So in disgust, I have traipsed down to the lounge, pulled the mattress out behind the couch (always kept there in case I ever feel like lying down in here) and made myself a bed down here, only now I can't bloody well go to sleep.

Its quite strange lying here in the dark. Sounds are quite loud. The kitchen clock for one - and yet in the daytime even without the radio or TV on, it doesn't appear to be this bad. The cat scratching...or moving about. Even the sound of nothing behind the sound of the clock ticking is deafening. I don't know that makes sense but when I really stop and block out the clock, its almost like the silence is 'thick' and then you hear the wind as it suddenly sweeps across. And then a car goes up the road, where are people going at this time? Is that a plane I can hear quietly in the background? Or is my imagination playing tricks on me and I am beginning to imagine sounds? Is this what it's like to be blind? You lose one sense and your others become heightened. There is definitely a deafening sound of silence broken by the tick tick tick of the clock and the occasional car going passed. God, will I get to sleep? I love my bed...it has become my comfort zone - my go to place when I am tired or need to lie down when I can't sit up any longer.

Hope I don't wake up to a dead rat or bird lying beside me. It wouldn't be the first time they have been left in either the hall or the lounge, to be discovered the next morning - ugh! Have I just talked myself out of going to sleep? Maybe I will tiptoe up to the room and see if that twit (said in a loving way - grrr) has manouvered back over to his own side of the bed.

Yay, eyes are getting tired but unfortunately my tummy is starting to feel empty...could be a quick snack before trying to crash out...

Sunday 23rd July 2017 - 3.45am

No comments:

Post a Comment