Saturday 25 March 2017

Home again

Home again...what a wonderful holiday - lots of photos taken, lots of laughs and have come home with lots of memories. Hard saying goodbye and trying to keep those tears in check but time to come home and see our families. Once I got on the plane, I felt like I had ants in my pants. I just wanted to get home and see my hubby and my babies. As we came through the 'arrivals' lounge, there is my gorgeous cousin yelling "welcome home" and waving madly - all in the front row! Such a cool greeting - can't help but laugh as I think about it now.



While my family missed me, I think I was most missed by my obsessive cat 'Ember'. She has followed me constantly since I got home and everytime I sit down, she jumps up on the seat next to me...funny girl



 And so it is the next day and I sit outside and do a bit more reflecting.

I had the privilege of really being able to connect in person with my older sister whom I haven't had a great deal to do with over the years but she has always been there in the background and this was an opportunity for that to change and I truly believe it has. Many years ago when our mum died, 'E' came home and brought her good friend 'K' with her. 'K' fitted in right from the start and so I have always thought of her as another sister. It was wonderful connecting with these two beautiful ladies again and I look forward to this relationship flourishing even more.




We are constantly reminded of how precious life is, of how short it can be and how it can change in a heartbeat. Coming home is tinged with sadness as I hear news of what is happening within other families - lives that we are touched by in some way. A young man killed while on holiday overseas - showing his braveness while trying to save the life of his girlfriend. This is so unfair and my heart breaks for his family and I watch my baby girl as she cries for her friend, who has lost her big brother. This is not how life is meant to play out for someone so young. I feel sick and want to cry my heart out for this family and wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all ok. Life isn't a fairy tale is it...

The other piece of news, I am still processing but it is a reminder that life should not be taken for granted. I have talked previously about not sweating the small stuff and yet I do it constantly. I'm too fat, I don't have much money, I don't have this and I don't have that - this has been a timely reminder for me 'life' is what is precious. 'Life' and 'family / friends'...

Thoughts of my absolutely awesome holiday fills my heart with joy and brings a smile to my face. Holidays are lovely but so is being home...

Here are a few moments and memories...




                                                           My sister and her daughters

Let us all take a moment to look around and embrace what we have - and remind ourselves of the richness we all have - peace in our lives and the presence of our loved ones in our lives

Saturday 25th March 2017 - 1.53pm









2 comments:

  1. Yay!! so glad you had a great time! It's got to be good for the mind, body and soul!! xx

    ReplyDelete