Wednesday 29 March 2017

Birthday post no. 2

Wow, what a Negative Nancy I have been lately, and such a sad sop this morning!  Of course I should be happy and grateful that I am here to celebrate my 52nd birthday - be proud of it!  And so here I am, in a much better mood...

My lovely young friends have taken me out for a yummy Vietnamese lunch today - my puku is full and ready to burst!  Thank you ladies, you really just light up my day -  I am very blessed to have you as my friends.



Tonight I get to go out and have dinner with my beautiful family.  I will in all probability stuff my face on prawns and get gout back again (although I'm not entirely sure it has completely gone from the last time) and I am happy to say, I am now looking forward to eating out.

I don't really know what was wrong this morning.  I have had a few things on my mind lately, and having to say goodbye to my family in Australia - and the worry of my appointment next week, its all been piling on me a wee bit, but its time to stop and smell the coffee.  I usually tell other people "don't panic until there is something to panic about" and so here I am reminding myself.

Both scans have been done - bone scan on Monday and CT scan yesterday.  They had a hell of a time trying to find a vein yesterday to put the contrast through.  They had put my hand in a bucket of warm water twice (makes the veins more prominent), and finally on the fifth go finding a vein, success!  It was looking like trying to get an anaesthetic tech to come and find a vein, but they had left for the day, so then the next option was to re-book my appointment.  But I was not having that!  I wanted the results available at my oncology appointment next week.  I have been geared up for the last three months about these bloody scans, knowing they are going to be done, and knowing we will be finding out what is happening, so was so very happy when they were finally able to get it done.  Never been so glad to get jabbed in all my life!


                                                                           Bone Scan...


Wednesday 29th March 2017 - 2.12pm

1 comment: