Monday 12 June 2017

Holiday over

Its 5.00am Monday morning. I've been awake since 4.00am and just waiting for my alarm to go off in another half an hour. Back to work today after having had last week off. I have had a lovely break and back to reality.

Tomorrow we have a contingency from work heading off to Honolulu to attend a conference. I was supposed to be part of that contingency but when I heard from the doctor that they were worried about my husbands lungs and sending him for tests etc, I made the decision not to go. I'm really glad I made that call as I am still not feeling up to scratch myself. Weeks later my tummy is still giving me trouble...constantly sore everyday. Not all day, but everyday it aches at some stage and at varying degrees of pain. It usually sits at about a '5' but the other night when I was at the hospital with my mother in law it was reasonably intense subsiding after about half an hour. Even as I type this now, it is sore...no rhyme or reason. I am waiting for a CT scan but I got the impression the oncologist wasn't expecting to find anything and that it was more to reassure me that it was not the spreading of the cancer. Sometimes it hurts after I have eaten, and then there are times like this when it's just there when I wake up. Whatever the cause, I am glad I am not going to Honolulu as I would hate to have been a wet blanket. I am grateful to my boss for allowing me the opportunity, as it is not somewhere that would normally be in the realm of possibility for me unless I was to win lotto.

The strength of my aches have increased and I have been putting off taking stronger pain killers due to the side effects I experienced last time (extreme tiredness and constipation) but yesterday I gave in and took a couple. OH MY GOD!!!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE... so I think I will take some more this morning depending on how I feel when I have been up for a wee while. I usually take all my tablets once I get to work and have had breakfast.  I wish there was a tablet I could take to make my memory better! According to some of my BC paperwork, this is also another side effect of the exemestane I am taking. I have always had quite a bad memory, especially after David  passed away but then with the five surgeries I had from my bilateral mastectomy in November 2015 to my last surgery in February 2016, I had assumed was the cause of it becoming worse. A combination perhaps...surgeries and medication. It worries me especially with work but I have to find ways of dealing with it and putting plans into place to help jog it along.

Oops my alarm has just gone off. I usually give myself another ten minutes before dragging myself out from the warmth of my blankets and getting ready for the day. Wonder if I will be exhausted by the time I get home.

I have had a wonderful week off - caught up with a few people, even bumping into an old friend while sitting in the dialysis unit with my mother in law on Saturday night. It was so unexpected but it was just lovely. I haven't just sat at home blobbing and getting bored nor have I raced around like a lunatic ending up feeling like I need a break from my break. It was just perfect...



Monday 12th June 2017 - 5.41am



No comments:

Post a Comment