Sunday 12 November 2017

Facebook friends

I’ve been culling my ‘facebook friends’. What a stupid term...what even are they? A bunch of people who send you a request because they want as many ‘friends’ as possible or they met you briefly through someone and think it gives them the right to see into your life and check out your photos. And you know what, we’re daft enough to accept it. I know I am...I accept requests because I feel awkward not accepting them (not all the time, but some) and I allow people the passageway into a glimpse of my life. Well I’ve kind of had enough and so I started culling them. Both friends and family who I no longer hear from or never ever really heard from. Why should I give them a glimpse into my life? While I cerrainly don’t hold back on anything to do with my breast cancer, and I try not to post too much on fb, sometimes I do. Why should they be freely given access to it? Its different with this blog...While I know I have a few regular readers, I don’t really know otherwise who reads this, if anyone. I get stats from blogspot but in all honesty, I can’t make head nor tail of them. And thats all ok...I was geared up for the possibility of people I don’t know, reading this and of course part of my reasoning was to help others in the same boat, maybe my thoughts would be their thoughts, I don’t know...and the other reason of course was for family and friends to know firsthamd whats been going on whether with oncology appointments or inside my head.

But I just figure that if people want to know what’s going on, they can bloody well make contact and ask. And yes even after talking about this ages ago, it still hurts that some people I would have expected more from, don’t bother with me. I try not to let it, but those feelings continue to slip in. Funnily enough, when someone dies, we all make the time to attend the funeral but how about making the time while they are still alive and can enjoy the benefit of your company? We’re all guilty of it...I know I am. But I am now on the flip side where this is happening to me personally. I kind of figure if you can’t be bothered making time for me when I’m alive, why bother when I’m dead...except hubby and girls may appreciate you being around then. Unless my bitterness rubs off onto them and they are as offended by the hypocracy as I am.

So yes, a start has been made and I will hopefully continue with it soon before I lose the momentum and stop giving a shit until the next time. I am having trouble keeping my eyes open, so will stop off for a girly break and come back to bed and crash out. I hate to think how many spelling mistakes I will have missed. I try and check them regularly as I type but I find using the ipad, my fingers regularly hit the letter next to the one I actually want. ‘N’ and ‘m’ is a classic one...usually missing those when I spellcheck with my blind, tired eyes!

Anyhow, thats me...

Sunday 12th November 2017 - 2.27am


No comments:

Post a Comment