Sunday 23 April 2017

Menopause is a bitch

I know...'be grateful' I said earlier today, 'I'll forget I have cancer and will get on with life' and I absolutely meant it...but bloody hell, the bloody medication I have been put on has put me into menopause and while I don't get the hot flushes (and hopefully I won't), my sleep pattern is all up the Doo-dally! I am tired, I want to go to sleep but I am just not bloody well able to...I have been lying in bed with the light out but sleep will not come. I lie here yawning my head off, my eyes feel like they are hanging out of my head but still nothing. And so while I lie here wide awake, I can feel my feet throbbing...they feel exactly like something out of a cartoon where you can see them pulsating - they are sore! I've taken a couple of painkillers but they won't kick in for a while yet. Hopefully I'll nod off to sleep before then. My feet ache terribly these days, sometimes I feel like a parrot, repeating the same shit over and over. And I really have to be grateful (!!) that this is all I have to experience for now.



Hmmm, when I think about it, I am experiencing all 'seven dwarfs of menopause'...I said to hubby today that my head has been itchy and I felt like I had nits...and tonight I said my tummy feels bloated! So I'm not going crazy or being a hypochondriac...wow, I'm feeling quite vindicated right about now!

The girls kept telling me yesterday that I was very 'prickly'...think that comes under 'bitchy'. The 'psycho' definitely comes in when I'm having a mood swing! Thank goodness not too often! The one symptom I have down pact is 'forgetful'. OMG, I am hopeless! I thought it was something to do with my five surgeries I had between November 2015 and February 2016 and maybe it did to begin with. But between then and now is when I started the exemestane tablets and zoladex injections, therefore throwing me into menopause of which forgetfulness is a side effect...definitely no hope then...

It's now 11.28pm and my eyes are no closer to going snoozies and my feet are still throbbing like a cartoon characters...alarm is due to go off at 5.30am. Could be a long day at work tomorrow but at least I get to rest on Tuesday (Anzac Day).

Oh cripes, now to top it off, hubby is coughing up a storm...oh well who needs sleep anyway - it's over rated:) (not!)

Sunday 23rd April 2017 - 11.54pm


No comments:

Post a Comment