Wednesday 5 April 2017

Latest results - April 2017

What a relief! After all that worry, my scans (bone and CT) have come back clear!!! That means for now I am stable and the cancer is under control. Apart from a cure becoming a reality, this is the absolute best possible news I could ever wish for!

When the oncologist told me, I wanted to cry with the relief of it and you know me...I hate crying in front of anyone. I thought it was a good appointment - it was a different guy and he was quite thorough with his questions. He said I will not need any more scans for another 12 months unless something of concern crops up and we will continue with this set reigime for now. I questioned whether or not we should look at having a port put in, due to the ongoing issues with trying to find veins. He said he didn't feel it was too necessary. If I was having treatment more often, then maybe so. But having a port could also put you at risk of getting infections, which I don't need. It's become a dirty word to me now! And I am more than happy with that. While now it is taking a number of times before they have success finding a vein, they do eventually find one and this is really just early days yet.

The weight that falls from your shoulders is amazing. I had butterflies in my tummy last night just thinking about today. I don't really know why. In my heart of hearts, I knew I felt too well for anything sinister to be happening, but there is always that fear, you just don't know.  So yay!!!! I am rapt and relieved all rolled into one!


And so it was time to go off for my usual 'every 28 days' zometa infusion. It took three goes before they were able to find a vein to put the needle in and apart from that and the time it all took, everything went right as rain.

Perhaps rain is not the word I should be using. While I was being infused, it started pouring. I was blissfully unaware of it until it was time to leave. And unfortunately we had parked in the bottom oncology carpark, down the hill and so the three of us got soaked to the skin getting back to the car. What a drenching...I was supposed to drop my mate / notetaker home before dropping hubby home and then going to work, but by the time we got home, and by the time it would have taken me to get changed and sorted to go back to work, it wouldn't have been worth it. It's a pain in the butt in one way, I dislike being away from work any more than necessary, and the big boss is so good to me, I always feel a bit guilty. I used to feel like this too when the girls were little and got sick, and I had to stay home with them. While I knew they came first, work is also important...but actually I am feeling very tired and weary and with the grey yucky weather outside, I am glad to be home tucked up on the bed for the remainder of the day.

And lastly before I sign off on this post, I just want to remind everyone the importance of learning about the symptoms of breast cancer and of being vigilant about your health. Breast cancer is not just about finding a lump - some lumps are so small, they can be undetected. Other symptoms are the 'orange peel' effect around your breast, discharge from the nipple, change in shape and a newly inverted nipple. Check your breasts regularly, this could save your life! I cannot reiterate this enough. I had a lump, a huge lump, for months and I did nothing about it. I now have to live with the consequences of that...those around me are also affected by my ignorance. Please, I want my diagnosis to have meant something - educate yourselves and don't be embarrassed to examine yourself.

                     Remember, "BREAST CANCER KILLS - DON'T LET IT BE YOU"


But in the meantime WOO FUCKING HOO - YAHOO - I am clear and as healthy as I can be!!!!





Wednesday 5th April 2017 - 3.05pm






3 comments:

  1. That is freaking awesome news Tania!! So stoked for you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! I feel almost a stone or two lighter since hearing it...take care my friend xx

      Delete
  2. Huge loves baby girl !!❤x x

    ReplyDelete