Thursday 10 November 2016

Video clip



Since October is breast cancer awareness month, I decided to share my story with work in a visual way. I asked if they would be interested in doing a video of me talking about my story, to try to encourage the education of breast cancer. And so it was done. It was put on works facebook page and people were encouraged to share it in order to spread the word. I shared it to my page, asking others to do the same. The end result was that it was shared 43 times, 'viewed' 1700 times and apparently according to stats was 'seen' over 5000 times. I don't quite know the difference between viewed and seen but these were the stats given. The video has also been put on works website and put up on youtube, which hasn't had quite the same impact but that is a much bigger platform. I am rapt with the response. It has definitely exceeded any figures I may have had floating around in my head.

I have included a copy of the youtube video, for those of you that would like to see it. There are no bells and whistles. It is simply me, talking in a short space of time about my diagnosis, what will happen and why I wanted to do this video. It is something I have become quite passionate about and even now as I look at it, I tear up. It is still so raw...I think it is because it is still hard to believe that this is really happening.

I think I would like to continue doing this sort of thing, perhaps to small groups. Not sure I could summon up the courage to speak in front of a lot of people. But everyone needs to realise that this is a deadly disease. If not caught early you could die.



Thank you for watching,
Tania.

Thursday 10th November, 2016 - 9.55pm

No comments:

Post a Comment