Sunday 30 October 2016

A glorious weekend in Auckland...

Wow!!! What a glorious weekend we have had - both Saturday and Sunday! Both days I have sat out on the front deck soaking up the rays. Makes me so grateful to be alive and doing so well!!!! In between enjoying the sunshine, I have even been a little productive. I was given some swinging baskets on Friday (thank you again missy) and so I was a little impatient to get them sorted so hurriedly brought a few plants and popped them in and quickly hung them up out the front. This is my new little piece of paradise simce our back area is such a mess and so I want it to look pretty. Will be better once the plants grow and you can actually see them...

Even the cats are enjoying soaking up the sun 😎☀️🌞







And today while I was sitting out here I suddenly felt the urge to go out and get myself some summer clothes. I dislike shopping immensely and of course the end result is always that I end up with aching feet but I had a couple of vouchers in my purse so I was out that door before I could talk myself out of it...

I slightly overspent more than the vouchers but what the hell, I don't often spend money on myself so I am super happy to say I have come home with a bit of a stash. And yup...my feet are hurting but the weather is so damn beautiful, I just don't care. Roll on summer I say. I am so excited for it. I missed out completely on summer last year as I was either recovering from my double mastectomy, recovering from the horrendous infection I had or in and out constantly of hospital/s (juggling between North Shore and Middlemore).

We have even been for our first beach trip to Martins Bay last weekend on Sunday (Labour weekend). Just hubby, older child and myself. Child and myself went for a swim - freezing bloody cold but completely invigorating. Unfortunately when we got out, I decided to lie down on the grass to dry off, so I was flipping from back to tummy, back to tummy and when it was time to get up to pack the car up and come home again, it was 'ok' - I was as slow as an ol' turtle but when we got home (an hours drive) - I was in pure agony...obviously I am past the days of lying on the hard ground plus sitting in the car for any length of time also takes its toll on me. In general it is hard to get up out of a seat but hey, thats ok...

Goddam, it is good to be alive - funny how your attitude perks up when theres a bit of sun...

Sunday 30th October 2016 - 3.31pm



No comments:

Post a Comment