Monday 29 July 2019

Feel like a human 🙂

First day back at work today, after being off sick all last week. Actually felt human - what a change! I felt so damn awful last week, so it felt so wonderful being back at work and feeling on top of the world again.

Heres hoping for a great week!


If I was still having my treatments every 28 days, today would’ve been the day. I was still supposed to traipse into the city to go to the hospital to have my hormone injection which I still need every 28 days. I was fighting it last night, and this morning, just could not summon up the enthusiasm to go all the way in, so ended up making an appointment at my GP’s to have it done there instead. It was so much easier! The oncologist probably won’t be too thrilled as he still wanted me to go there so all my records in one place but I figure the important thing is having the injection on time. Regardless of where abouts I go to have it done.

Last week I finally perked up about Thursday where I was able to not gag and carry on but Friday is my normal day off and so with the weekend, I still didn’t feel too much like getting out and about. But honestly, by Saturday I was ready to rip my hair out with frustration. I was fed up with being stuck at home, but neither did I really have the oomph to go anywhere, not to mention not having anywhere to go...I was so fed up, I broke down in tears - mainly because everyone else in the house had somewhere to go. Once I released that torrent of emotion, I felt so much better. I hate crying but I hate doing it in front of someone, so at least I was able to do it privately.  And I was able to go out on Sunday and catch up with a good friend who lives out of Auckland, along with another friend. Was just what the doctor ordered, definitely saved my sanity.

So I look forward to having a positive week, I feel really good and that can only be a good start.

Monday 29th July 2019 - 7.35pm

No comments:

Post a Comment