Sunday 25 March 2018

Enjoying an afternoon with my beautiful girls

Its Sunday evening, I’m just chilling out watching a bit of TV, reflecting on the weekend. I never know from one weekend to the next how sociable I am going to feel but this weekend has been really lovely. It always feel productive when I have left the house to go somewhere. The weekends I don’t feel like going anywhere or doing anything are good too. They are obviously down times that I need to just stop and rest.

I had a lovely dinner out last night with friends, at this amazingly beautiful thai restaurant. I definitely want to go back with my family and share the experience of this beautiful labarynth with them.




This afternoon I have spent out with my two beautiful girls...my love, my life, my heart...my reason for living. We went out for lunch and spent a couple of hours talking and laughing. We had lunch at Crystal Mountain which is just down the road from us and is a place where we used to often go as the girls loved looking at all the crystals. And after lunch we had a nosy in the shop again...first time in so many years, still oohing and ahhing at everything. 



How thankful I am to have such a relationship with these beautiful young woman. While they have their own lives, they never without a doubt have time for their ol’ mum. How sad for those families who don’t have that closeness. I was listening to my baby girl talking with her uncle (‘hubby’ uncle) on Friday night about the Niuean language. She was asking how to say words, the correct pronounciation and he was patiently explaining things to her. It was like they had a special connection...I couldn’t help but smile watching them while at the same time, it brought tears to my eyes.

I had to share this...I wanted it to be a memory the girls can read back on, in years to come. I want to be able to read this and remember it. You think you are going to remember every little thing but as time goes by, memories fade as new ones come and take over and new ones come to replace those ones and so on...I want to remember this afternoon forever ❤️❤️❤️


Sunday 25th March 2018 - 10.25pm

1 comment:

  1. So special. To have those quiet times with the girls and to have such a lovely relationship with them. Gives me warm fuzzies. x

    ReplyDelete