Saturday 26 August 2017

General update

Its been a while since I last updated and have pretty much been hiding under the radar,  not feeling terribly sociable. Its been a pretty horrendous month to be honest. Decisions being made where I want to scream "STOP!" "NO!" But its not my place to do so and by making my objections known could put me in a precarious position. But my perception has forever changed and I will not forget. 'Loyalty' - something which is sadly lacking these days.

I had my Daffodil Day collection this afternoon - 3pm to 5pm. Unfortunately I completely forgot about it until 2.55pm when I suddenly realised and had to race off. Face devoid of any make up and lopsided, not having my false boob on! Not to mention traffic was horrendous (of course it was!) but got there in reasonably record time. As luck would have it, the co-ordinator decided to close up at 4pm which I was pleased about because I was buggered. But I have learnt a lesson- when I put my name down to collect next year, I'll be asking to have a morning time slot.


Life is plodding along as normal. I had my latest infusion at the hospital on Wednesday, all going pretty much on track. Pleasantly surprised they were able to find a vein without too much of a problem. Next appointment will be to see the oncologist as well as have my treatment. I'll be on holiday at that time - yay! Taking a week off for my daughters 21st birthday. Taking the week after it off to recover and spend her actual birthday with her. So just trying to cross all my "t's" and dot all my "i's" so that everything is done without having to do too much last minute running around.

Off to the movies tonight to see "Annabelle". Not really sure  I want to see it - I watched the trailer last night and nearly crapped myself! Goosebumps, the hairs on my arms stickimg up...the whole shabang! But my big girl wants to go and see it on the big screen and it'll get me out of the house and make me feel like I actually have a social life! My social outings seem to be during the week after work, when I am feeling really buggered. If I'm not out then I'm in bed about 7.00 / 7.30pm. Not sleeping, just needing to lie down which I guess is a side effect of sitting up in an office chair for 8 hours. We have just recently brought in a new Drug & Alcohol Policy at work and had an education session yesterday. Basically the lady told me because of the levels of codeine I take on a daily basis, I will more than likely fail any drug test I take. I need to get a letter from my oncologist to put on file stating the reason I am taking it. I might check at my next oncology appointment if there is some other kind of painkiller he can prescribe for me. My other concern is that it zonks me out. I try not to take the higher dosage until I get home, to help me get through the night and the effects have worn off by the morning. The scary thing though is that it stays in your system for two days I think it was...if I am taking it daily, what sort of levels will show? Guess I will be finding out in the near future!

Saturday 26th August 2017 - 5.34pm


No comments:

Post a Comment