Monday 3 June 2019

Bit of a catch up

Its Queens Birthday weekend, public holiday today - yay! I have been away in Sydney for the weekend, flying out early Friday morning and arriving back in NZ 11.30pm last night. I’ve decided I don’t like the travelling part, airport, putting baggage thru, going through customs, the actual flying itself but how else are you going to do it! Anyhow, I’ve had an amazing weekend away catching up with a very close friend. She follows my blog and always always sends me positive feedback once she reads it. She has mentioned to me maybe I should put this into a book form, but in actuality, she should be the one who writes because her writing is always so beautiful. The words flow beautifully. But we had a wonderful catch up, got a ton of things done and with wee rests in between for this nana who needs them. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Its been a month since I last wrote which tells you its been a fairly quiet month, but thats great. I had another catch up with someone I care very much for. My cousin in law, she had driven up for a work conference and so we stayed at the hotel where her conference was being held and I went to work from there. My girls came and had dinner with us and then came home again. Another wonderful time catching up. 

I had my latest treatment Wed just gone. They had a hell of a time finding a vein, finally getting it on the fourth go. Little round plasters dotted all over my hand. 


Doesn’t help you can only use one of my hands. I think my next visit with the oncologist is next month. Hopefully they can confirm my CT scan appointment to check my brain. I am still feeling nauseous quite often, not necessarily just in the mornings either. The oncologist told me they thought it was due to the constipation I suffer from. But I have changed my eating habits slightly and the constipation seems to have disappeared, so why am I still feeling the nausea. They told me if it was due to cancer, its because the cancer will be in my brain, hence doing another CT scan. While I typed that, my gut kind of did a twirly filled with dread but I quickly try and make it go away. I can’t live in dread constantly. I’ve always lived the mantra, don’t worry until you have something to worry about. Most of the time anyhow. 

I am so proud of myself, I have been working from 8.30am to 4pm mostly. A couple of days I’ve had to leave early but weeks ago I was struggling to make it to 2pm. I wonder if it is the change of eating habits. Been cutting down on meat, dairy foods and eggs. I have felt a lot more awake, its been great. I was horrendously naughty this weekend, but what the hell - I was on holiday and enjoyed every mouthful! Back to basics this week...

Not too much else has been happening that I can remember. Time and live plods along as usual, moods are up and down. I think that is just a part of life. I think I’ve always been like this, I’ve probably always had a chemical imbalance like my dad jad, perhaps not quite so bad. Its just that I voice it here and you cop it. I often wonder if I should make this private but then it defeats part of the purpose of it and thats to keep family and friends who want to know, how I am doing. 

I have a three day working week which is absolutely delightful! I’ve had a super lazy day today resting up so I can be like a box budgies as my mum used to say (live ones at that!) at work tomorrow. 

The Sydney Harbour Bridge
My lovely friend & I ❤️

Monday 3rd June 2019 - 9.05pm

No comments:

Post a Comment